I think you nailed it.. Juniper still thinks that service providers are
their only customers. They're bringing out enterprise level devices but not
bringing all the features that enterprise companies need.. They're 6 to
12months behind Cisco, anytime they bring out a new box that has a cool
feature, which still doesn't have all the base features of my older Cisco
boxes, they get trumped as Cisco has their next gen platforms out.. Right
now the Nexus platforms are the devices to beat for data center usage.

We are a huge Cisco shop (30K+ devices) and I work with Juniper every day to
help them get a clue. I ask for features, but get blown off.. I guess they
don't want in our network bad enough..  I like their devices, I think more
for the fact that they do have a large presence in the service provider
market and it surely helps my resume, but at the end of the day Cisco is the
safer choice for us.