Hello Gerhard,

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Prochaska Gerhard
<gerhard.procha...@a1telekom.at> wrote:
> I was at the Juniper LAB in Amsterdam last week for a POC LAB on MPC2 (2 MIC
> with 4x10G) and 16x10G MPC on Junos
> 10.2p2. I asked the same question and wanted to know why we do the POC LAB on
> 10.2 and not the already released 10.3.
> From what i understood there are no relevant bugfixes when it comes to MPC
> Cards In R 10.3.

Thanks for that information.
>From the release notes I see no mention of trio related bugs fixed.
I have not yet heard  from the Juniper SE what he advises.

> In the LAB we did some IPV4 and IPV6 OSPF, OSPF V3 and BGP Scalability Tests
> and throughput vs. Packetsize Test
> on the MPC2 (2 MIC with 4x10G) and 16x10G MPC. Especially the DPC to MPC
> Interworking is important for us for we see
> the new cards as high density cards which might help us in our ISP nodes
> where slots are nearly full.

We have not yet started testing, but are planning to use
- v4 and v6 OSPF and BGP
- route reflector
- MPC only linecards, we have no DPC's

All in all pretty basic, feature wise..

We did have our first MPC crash today. (on 10.3)
Possibly related to enabling BGP.....

A second MPC is giving strange errors too. "fpc4 MQCHIP(3) FI Cell
underflow at the state stage"

I'll keep you updated on our findings.

Bas