To upgrade to JUNOS version 9.0 and above I guess it´s also necessary a 1GB flash memory.

About the release, for an M7i I think there is no problem in using the last one: JUNOS is very stable and M7i will not be use for any of the new features of BRAS, so I think you can install it with no worry.

Anyway, it's a good idea to read the related release notes before to go on.

Hope this helps...

Cristian

<http://www.iquall.net>