To: "Alex" <alex.arsen...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Mike Williams" <mike.willi...@comodo.com>; <juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] How does multihop eBGP work?

Alex,
It's clever that bgp process is able to establish IPSec tunnel itself.

Something good to be included in the RFC I guess :)

Thanks

Thedin

Sent from Thedin's IPhone

On 25/06/2011, at 5:43 AM, "Alex" <alex.arsen...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you ever need multihop eBGP again, and are still worrying about security/hijacking/packet modification/code injection there is a JUNOS feature called "BGP IPSec protection" which establishes transport IPSec SA between 2 Juniper boxes for explicit purpose of encrypting BGP packets.
You don't need a Service PIC for this to work, it is done in RE
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-routing/routing-using-ipsec-to-protect-bgp-traffic.html
Rgds
Alex

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Williams" <mike.willi...@comodo.com>