Hello,

We have a setup with an ERX310 for aggregating PPPoE connection (xDSL).
The connections are terminated on a GigabitEthernet interface.
Now we want to setup QoS for VoIP on the downstreamtraffic.

I can create a QoS policy with 2 queues, one best-effort and a voice queue with
strict priority and give it an assured-rate of 500Kbps. Via RADIUS i can assign
the policy to the PPPoE interface.
But i need to specify the maximum bandwidth for the best-effort queue to let it
work.
The problem is that when i have a customer with a 8mbps ADSL-connection this
can be a 7Mbps connection in practice because of the local-loop lenght.
So this qos policy is not gonna work.

Is there a easier way to achieve this, without the need to assign this maximum
bandwidth ?

Kind regards,
Tom