On Friday, September 16, 2011 09:46:41 PM Krasimir Avramski
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is normal behavior with inclusive P-tunnels (in your
> case P2MP lsps).It is default without explicit selective
> configuration.

Indeed.

We initially started out with I-PMSI's and then wanted to
shift to S-PMSI's, but then since we needed to deploy MPEG
probes at every Receiver PE router to record video signal
quality (and because any router configured with the NG-MVPN
routing instance has at least one IPTv customer), keeping I-
PMSI's makes sense.

If you don't expect a Receiver PE router to ever have
Multicast receivers, you likely won't be setting P-tunnels
towards it in the first place :-).

Now the annoying bit is when you use 'vrf-table-label' and a
P router generates two copies of every Multicast packet
toward a bud node. Quite annoying.

Cheers,

Mark.