I have an colleague with a config like this on his GbE interfaces:

    ge-0/0/3 {
        flexible-vlan-tagging;
        mtu 1650;
        encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
        unit 0 {
            vlan-id 1;
            family inet {
                address 10.50.14.1/24;
            }
        }
        unit 16 {
            encapsulation vlan-vpls;
            vlan-id 16;
        }

Basically some VLANS are VPLS and one is IP (mostly for management).

Is there any way to do something similar on a PE-4FE-TX? My understanding is that the answer is no since the PE-4FE-TX does not support flexible-vlan-tagging, is that correct?

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
                                                               ICQ:  2269442