My understanding is that GRE fragmentation should occur if egress interface MTU is < GRE pkt size. For GRE reassembly, you need IDP policy, this means high memory SRX model. IDP license is not needed.
Rgds
Alex

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lukasz Martyniak" <lmartyn...@man.szczecin.pl>
To: <juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:04 PM
Subject: [j-nsp] GRE packet fragmentation on j-series

Hi all

I have some problem with gre tunnels. I need to fragment packages in tunnel. I run gre between two jseries (junos 10.4R6) and lunch MPLS on it. The problem looks like that packages with MTU above 1476 are not fragmented/reassembled and are dropped.

interfaces gr-0/0/0
unit 10 {
   clear-dont-fragment-bit;
   description "Tulne to r1-lab";
   tunnel {
       source 10.200.0.1;
       destination 10.200.0.2;
       allow-fragmentation;
       path-mtu-discovery;
   }
   family inet {
       mtu 1500;
       address 100.100.100.1/30;
   }
   family mpls {
   }
}

Have someone have similar problem ? is there a simple way to fix this ?

Best Lukasz