On 7/03/2012 10:53 AM, Jeff Wheeler wrote:

interface ae0 {
   unit 40 {
     family inet {
       address ...;
     }
   }
   unit 50 {
     mac-address 02:02:02:04:04:04; /* different MAC for this unit */
     family inet {
       address ...;
     }
   }
}

This worked fine for me in 9.3/9.4..

I have tried tricking the router into doing this using VRRP, but I need to
establish an eBGP session from this unit 50, and the router still transmits
the BGP session packets with the hardware MAC address, not the VRRP address.

VRRP is a different case. It uses 00-00-5E-00-01-XX where XX = your group ID, not the physical MAC. I couldn't find a way to achieve this functionality when I was looking for it ~3 years ago.

HTH,
Colin