On 30/03/12 13:10, Jared Gull wrote:
Sachin,

I believe you have several options available and haven't heard of
many (if any) compatibility issues. We currently use Cyclades in our
environment but have also used Cisco in the past.

We use Lantronix SLC without problems.

However: for info, I'll mention a problem we did have trying to use the CON (as opposed to AUX) port on small site ADSL/out-of-band routers as pass-thru console.

Because Juniper REs tend to be PC-based hardware with BIOS-over-serial, you need to ensure that your console device won't output any characters, particularly whilst the Juniper is booting.

We tried to save money and use the CON port on these small Cisco routers, but this failed during power outages - when power came back, the small Cisco outputs boot messages on CON, and the Juniper sees the "keystrokes" and interprets one or more of them as "stop booting".

Now - obviously this is our fault. However, I mention it because:

 1. It was character data, not a BREAK, that caused the boot to stop
 2. Some devices may output data/brk on bootup

HTH