Hey all,

<rant>

Juniper are really pissing me off in regards to their SFP's.

As an example:

CTP-SFP-1GE-SX (0)
EX-SFP-1GE-SX (163)
JX-SFP-1GE-SX (2)
QFX-SFP-1GE-SX (5)
SRX-SFP-1GE-SX (4)

Is there ANY actual difference between these SFP's? They are all the same
price from the distributor but they all have different availability - see
number above for example from one of my disties.

I recently deployed some MX80, EX4200 and SRX240 and had to order different
SFP's for them all.. and the SRX one took ages...

There is likely to be no difference, but will JTAC tell me to get lost if I
use an EX one in an SRX or MX or vice versa?

*Frustrated*

Does anyone have experience with the compatibility of the generics?
Agilestair or so on?  I really am happy to sell genuine Juniper SFP's, but
why the hell are there different codes for each one?  Why am I waiting for
stock for 3 weeks for an SRX one when they have 163 EX ones.

</rant>

Have a nice day ;-)

*Skeeve Stevens, CEO*
eintellego Pty Ltd
ske...@eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net <http://www.eintellego.net.au>

Phone: 1300 753 383 ; Fax: (+612) 8572 9954

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego

twitter.com/networkceoau ; www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve

PO Box 7726, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755 Australia

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – Brocade - IBM