Thanks for all that replied. Actually this just gets me curious, regardless of what's the best routing setup, is it even technically doable: to advertise IBGP and/or OSPF learned routes from router B to router C? I think it should, but just can't get it to work.

Thanks.

Cyn.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Lassoff" <j...@thejof.com>
To: "Cyn D." <cynthia_...@yahoo.ca>
Cc: <juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Route redistribution

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Cyn D. <cynthia_...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
Thanks for the input. Given our network topology, I am trying to avoid
running a full IBGP mesh.

If router C just needs internet transit, perhaps consider just
injecting a default route into your IGP?

It sounds like in this example, that most of the external next-hops
are via A anyway. Perhaps it would be simpler for internal routers to
just use a default, and catch any more-specifics for anything that
doesn't go out A.

--j