What you're most likely running into is the DHCP ttl limitation.

While it's not often a problem, the SRX sends out a DHCP request with
a TTL of 1.

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/SRX-Services-Gateway/SRX-DHCP-client-sends-discover-request-with-TTL-1/td-p/99180

I've seen this in the past, and while rare it does happen every now
and again depending on the ISP. As far as I know there hasn't been an
feature to tweak the TTL for dhcp discover requests.

I hope this helps,
-Tim Eberhard