On 27/05/2013 10:44, Phil Mayers wrote:
On 05/27/2013 10:41 AM, Pavel Lunin wrote:

22.05.2013 21:01, Phil Mayers wrote:
How can I determine what the dropped packets are, and why they're
being dropped?

"show interfaces extensive" and check out "Flow error statistics
(Packets dropped due to):"

Nothing in there corresponding to the numbers/rates I'm seeing on the
"show security flow statistics"

Another place to look at: "show security screen statistics zone/iface."

As I believe I said, the screens are all disabled.

By way of elaboration:

admin@srx-eval> show security flow statistics | match dropped | refresh 2
---(refreshed at 2013-05-27 11:01:03 BST)---
    Packets dropped: 72232499
    Packets dropped: 142788174
    Packets dropped: 145382728
    Packets dropped: 360403401
---(refreshed at 2013-05-27 11:01:05 BST)---
    Packets dropped: 72232835
    Packets dropped: 142788815
    Packets dropped: 145385883
    Packets dropped: 360407533
---(*more 100%)---[abort]

Note the "total" packets dropped (4th item) claims to be climbing at ~1500pps, on the above sample. At the same time "sh int extensive" for the relevant interfaces says:

    Flow Input statistics :
      Self packets :                     50680
      ICMP packets :                     2950329
      VPN packets :                      0
      Multicast packets :                1228
      Bytes permitted by policy :        13201459013373
      Connections established :          8925850
    Flow Output statistics:
      Multicast packets :                0
      Bytes permitted by policy :        3161441830843
    Flow error statistics (Packets dropped due to):
      Address spoofing:                  0
      Authentication failed:             0
      Incoming NAT errors:               0
      Invalid zone received packet:      0
      Multiple user authentications:     0
      Multiple incoming NAT:             0
      No parent for a gate:              0
      No one interested in self packets: 0
      No minor session:                  0
      No more sessions:                  0
      No NAT gate:                       0
      No route present:                  18570
      No SA for incoming SPI:            0
      No tunnel found:                   0
      No session for a gate:             0
      No zone or NULL zone binding       0
      Policy denied:                     0
      Security association not active:   0
      TCP sequence number out of window: 0
      Syn-attack protection:             0
      User authentication errors:        0

...over the *entire* lifetime of the box. So, pretty clearly not enough for 1500pps of denies.

As for the screens:

admin@srx-eval> show security screen statistics zone trust
error: "screen object not found for this zone/interface"

admin@srx-eval> show security screen statistics zone untrust
error: "screen object not found for this zone/interface"