On 24/07/2013, at 12:53 AM, Pavel Lunin <plu...@senetsy.ru> wrote:

> 22.07.2013 19:09, Gavin Henry wrote:
>> This is the info we got from our supplier in UK who is a Juniper Elite
>> partner:
>>
>> " It's the same functionality and operation, just comes with 2G memory.
>> It's part of a general refresh of the line that Juniper are doing just now
>> to support future applications."
>>
>> Not sure how close those applications are. Some more UTM apps?
>>

> That's true, but there is a caveat (apart from the minimal JUNOS version).
>
> Although I haven't asked local SE, I'm sure the -H2 models won't cluster with
> the old SRXes. So people planning to upgrade their already installed SRXes to
> clusters must either speed up or they will need to buy two boxes instead of
> one. EoL for old models is 31 Dec 2013 but the channels will obviously hold
> the new models as soon as they get rid of old stocks.

Not even remotely true - I have a 240H and a 240H2 clustered together on my
desk right beside me - no issues..

Unscientifically, the H2 does seem to boot faster so make it your primary when
you can ; )

This transition isn't that big a deal - it's happened plenty of times in the
past.  J-Series with 256MB RAM and flash anyone?

Ben