The EX8200 Virtual-Chassis w/ a couple of the XRE200's does well. The XRE's act as the control plane and the 8200's end up just being linecards. It's a bit hack-ish IMHO w/ a EX2200 switch acting as the glue between each XRE and the 8200.

We've run 11.2 - 11.4 and pleased w/ the stability. Our VC is split between two buildings a few SM fiber pairs acting as the VC connections between. We've dozens of aggregation switches (EX4500's & EX4200's) connected w/ LACP to each and are very pleased.

Regards,
Billy