In my experience, I have seen used the knob to only allocate labels for host
routes or use a prefix-list match that covers ALL your nodes loopback addresses
so that the prefix-list does not have to be constantly touched.
 router# configure terminal
 router(config)# mpls ldp label
 router(config-ldp-lbl)# allocate global host-routes
-Colby