Hi Thong,

We experienced same difficulty on 3rd party 1000base-T SFP.

We are preparing few MX5 (JUNOS 11.4R7.5) new deployment, and figured
out all of our 3rd party 1000base-T SFP became UP even there is no
cable plugged in. Those 3rd party 1000base-T SFP came from different
vendors; they are working very well on M10i (JUNOS 10.4R4.5), and
Cisco 6509. We also have some 3rd party SFP-SX and LX, they work well
on MX5.

Michel~