If you want your browser to support a self-signed cert you probably need to
import it into your OS's trusted certificate store.  In some cases you might be
able to import it into your browsers trusted CA store, but I think for a
self-signed (vs local CA signed) will have to be imported into your OS's
trusted certificate store.

hth,
 -andy