At a guess I'd say it's because in Q-Fabric, the "MAC-learning" is performed by
a similar to a VPLS instance per VLAN rather than traditional per-switch CAM
tables.

I imagine this allows for better scalability/optimisation.

The switch CAM would then only need to worry about L2-adjacent QF nodes and
adjacent hosts.