On 1/13/2014 4:25 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
Dear Juniper,

Please tell me you didn't actually do this. Please tell me that I'm just
missing something, and that you would never do something so insane. Did
you guys REALLY ship code that automatically enables an NTP server that
responds to the world, with no authentication or options to restrict
access or commands, whenever someone configures the router to be an NTP
client? Because that's sure what it looks like.

Juniper didn't want to be outdone by Cisco. Cisco devices act the same way once they are configured as NTP clients.