Tobias,

When you receive inet-vpn routes from remote PE, they are put into
bgp.l3vpn.0 first. This is their primary RIB from the perspective of this
PE. Entries in VRF are considered secondary & are already leaked based on
vrf-target/vrf-import policy (think of it as automatic leaking between
these two tables that happens in the background w/o additional config).
When you try to leak routes from VRF into inet.0 via rib-groups, you are
only touching the VRF routes local to this instance (import-rib definition
has to contain the primary table first - vpn-x.inet.0 in this case) &
copying them into inet.0. You cannot copy prefixes coming from remote PEs
in this way.

Thanks,
Adam