On 05/06/14 22:22, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Thursday, June 05, 2014 01:58:50 PM Julien Goodwin wrote:
>
>> Sure there's not the redundancy of a PTX, but given that
>> you can buy a pair of 5100's at list and I'm fairly sure
>> would still be cheaper than the PTX.
>
> The issue I've always had with so-called MPLS-biased routers
> and line cards is that native IPv6 is not yet MPLS-enabled,
> today.
>
> So if your MPLS-biased line cards do not have enough FIB to
> support a growing IPv6 table, that's not good.

And of course I doubt the 5100 has enough space for a full v6 table even
today (and that's before ECMP).

You're right, but things are finally improving here, and in theory this
works today, depending on what vendor combination and bugs you've got.
Although it'll be a while still before we can get a v6 native MPLS
network with no v4 needed at all, even for loopbacks.