On 18/06/14 07:52, Balasankar Rajaguru wrote:

[balasank]  This is a bug in JUNOS. This has been reported already
and the fix is available from 13.1.

Awesome good to know.

[balasank] JUNOS doesn't validate the namespaces in 'rpc' as it goes
by the postal principle which says be conservative in what you send,
but liberal in what you receive. Thereby we receive the RPC requests
happily without namespaces..

I guess. What about rpc payloads, thinking in particular config XML blocks?

[balasank] Apart from hello, There are quite a few places where Junos
deviates from spec, we have bugs filed up for the same.

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Phil