On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 03:57:14AM -0400, youza fuuccingbitth wrote:
> We are short juniper copper SFP, but have an excess of Cisco copper SFP's.
> Is it possible to use Cisco copper SFP's on Juniper ? A colleague said the
> Cisco will work but always show up/up even if nothing is connected. Has
> anyone use Cisco copper SFP's on juniper and what was the result?

I use generic cisco part # copper SFPs on my 4550s without issue.

They show up as NON-JNPR, but do work.

    Xcvr 8                NON-JNPR     MTB50696          SFP-T
    Xcvr 9                NON-JNPR     GR1308261089      SFP-T

Obviously JTAC won't help you if they determine these SFPs are acting
up, but I've never had to go there, so it hasn't been an issue for me.