Hi Chuck,

On 29 Apr 2015, at 9:32 am, Chuck Anderson <c...@wpi.edu> wrote:

> What would cause an irb logical interface unit to stay in
> "Hardware-Down"?  I'm using identical configs on 4 different routers
> (different IPs of course), and one of them won't come up.  There is at
> least one physical interface in the BD that is up.  The irb physical
> interface is up.  There are many other irb logical units that are up
> and working fine, just this one unit that is down.

This is usually caused because there are no physical interfaces up in the
bridge-domain.

I notice you've got an aggregated-ethernet interface in there - if you have
LACP enabled, but no LACP partner, the physical link will stay up, but the
logical interface will go down, thus taking down your IRB as well.

Cheers,

Ben