You would most likely need to get some licensing for the feature you wish
to use. I have used MS-DPC cards for accounting/j-flow at 1:1 sampling
rates. They can also be used for stateful firewall, tunnel services, ipsec.

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/general/dpc-mx-series-ms-features.html

Cheers
Mike

On 18 September 2015 at 09:11, Colton Conor <colton.co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any licensing limitations on the MS-DPC card?
> Considering buying a couple used ones, and throwing them into a MX960. I
> can't seem to find much about the capabilities of this card. What do most
> people use this card for?
>

> I know the MS-MIC is the replacement, but nowhere near the price point on
> the used market.

Michael Gehrmann
Senior Network Engineer - Atlassian
m: +61 407 570 658