If we're speaking about "quality of life" stuff then I wish JunOS/FreeBSD traceroute would stop adding source routing bit when you include source interface/gateway/bypass-routing.

It's being filtered EVERYWHERE in real world so it's not possible to look at the second-best route via non-active path, it's either best route or guessing. Or maybe I'm missing something ?

Also fractional interval in traceroute monitor (=mtr), I always use -i 0.1 or even less in real life for faster drop detection but can't do the same in Junos even if it's the same mtr.

What else...oh, annotate ! It's clunky and not very easy to use.

I wish we could just add a comment in the end of a line instead, like "set interface ge-0/0/0.0 family inet address x.x.x.x/y //client X" and then see "x.x.x.x/y //client X" and the same line when asking for |display set.

I'm sure you guys can add even more stuff like that. It's small but I think it's still important. And a low-hanging fruit in many cases :-)