Le 06/05/2016 à 17:21, Mark Tinka a écrit :

Your RR's should be part of your IGP, otherwise iBGP won't work.
Yep my question is a non sense.
Having two links into your RR's is certainly recommended.
So I've always used core switches in my PoP's. The reason is simple -
core router ports are not cheap, as you rightly mention.

Wow such a debate here. I have no core switch and unfortunately not so much free port on my routers. (and is not going to change) My topologies is multi pop, but with a classical design, edge routers, core router, and aggregation routers (RR clients). I have some port on edge, and aggregation routers, but not on core router which are my preferred placement...

In our case, our CSR1000v-based RR's are running on HP servers. Those
connect into our 2 core switches in each PoP over Cat-6 into a copper
SFP in the core switch (as the core switch is an all-optical unit).

I'd also recommend connecting your iLO-equivalent ports on your RR's to
your internal management network, just to maintain some OoB access to
the hypervisor for future troubleshooting.

Yep all our servers have management and oob access. No problem on this part.
I will study the juniper 'shadow host', look interesting but a bit complicated.

--
Raphael Mazelier