lo0.0 interface is to be configured under "set interfaces lo0 blah". Because
you really don't want a changing lo0 IP if there's a switchover.
Usually in re0/1 groups for MX (or member0/1 for Virtual Chassis EX switches,
or member0/1-re0/1 for Virtual Chassis MX) you define a hostname mentioning
re0/re1, and some OOB interface stuff (fpx0, if you use it).

So, again a poorly written documentation (written to illustrate one and only
one function in fact, not to have a globally working config).

By the way you'll also benefit from reading doc about non-stop-routing:
http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos14.2/topics/task/configuration/nsr-configuring.html

<http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos14.2/topics/task/configuration/nsr-configuring.html>
This is what makes dual-RE something really useful, after all.

>>> v