In that case, you build a LAG on node0 that goes to a LAG on the switch, and a LAG on node1 that goes to a separate LAG on the switch.

Is that the setup you're having issues with? e.g. (assuming a 2-member EX switch on the other end for simplicity's sake):

     |=     - ge-0/0/0 <---> ge-0/0/0 -
srx1 |     /                           \
     |=   /-- ge-0/0/1 <---> ge-1/0/0 --- ae0 on some switch
         /
    reth0 (w/ lacp)
         \
     |=   \-- ge-1/0/0 <---> ge-0/0/1 --- ae1 on some switch
srx2 |     \                           /
     |=     - ge-1/0/1 <---> ge-1/0/1 -

We have that running in production without issue, though we are not using IP monitoring.

The key part is in that diagram is that the 2 LACP interfaces on the switch(es) are discrete; you don't have 1 LACP bundle for all 4x SRX interfaces together. There is no actual aeX interface on the SRX chassis cluster; you just add LACP config to the reth, and the links are brought up sensibly given the LACP config on the other (switch) end with two discrete bundles:

show configuration interfaces reth0
description "Outside Shared Interface to EX Stack (ge-0/0/16 and ge-1/0/16)";
redundant-ether-options {
    redundancy-group 1;
    lacp {
        active;
        periodic fast;
    }
}

Again, we're not running ip-monitoring, so I'm not sure if that is also/still problematic even with the LAGs sorted out.

--
Hugo Slabbert       | email, xmpp/jabber: h...@slabnet.com
pgp key: B178313E   | also on Signal

On Thu 2016-May-19 20:22:45 +0100, sukhjit.ha...@googlemail.com