What would be the optimal way to deal with following scenario.

The customer of ours has a primary bgp connection over primary link on one
router, and a backup bgp connection (up) on backup link on our other
router. The customer may or may not (usually not) terminate both
primary/backup links on the same router.

We want to stop customer using backup link at all as long as the primary
link is up. Since we police both primary and backup link, customer can just
load balance and use both links.

Without asking changes on his side (so something link MC-LAG won't fit
here, I guess?), what are way to deal with this.

I can think of making a script which will not import their routes as links
a primary link route is in our table.

The bgp conditional policy doesn't work for importing routes, only
exporting... so that won't work either.

Any other suggestions maybe?

Regards