Mike,

 Here is the view of my MX80.   This router has a couple full tables and a
bunch of peers through various IXes.   I have an MX480 on order to replace this
MX80.   I’ll use this a dedicated IX peering router so I won’t have full tables
on my IX border later this year.

 The MX80 has horrific full table convergence (8 minutes +/-).  The MX104 is a
bit better.  You would need to go to a MX240 with a real RE to get decent
convergence times.

matthew@MX80> show bgp summary
Groups: 10 Peers: 15 Down peers: 0

matthew@MX80> show route summary
Autonomous system number: XXXX
Router ID: A.B.C.D

inet.0: 614169 destinations, 1807913 routes (614160 active, 10 holddown, 0
hidden)
Restart Complete
              Direct:      7 routes,      7 active
                OSPF:    511 routes,    508 active
                 BGP: 1807386 routes, 613636 active
              Static:      1 routes,      1 active
                 LDP:      2 routes,      2 active

inet6.0: 14443 destinations, 28877 routes (14443 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
Restart Complete
              Direct:      6 routes,      4 active
                 BGP:  28865 routes,  14433 active

matthew@MX80> show system memory
System memory usage distribution:
       Total memory: 2072576 Kbytes (100%)
    Reserved memory:   36896 Kbytes (  1%)
       Wired memory:  302092 Kbytes ( 14%)
      Active memory: 1399432 Kbytes ( 67%)
    Inactive memory:  120000 Kbytes (  5%)
       Cache memory:   69720 Kbytes (  3%)
        Free memory:  143680 Kbytes (  6%)
Memory disk resident memory:  349640 Kbytes
VM-Kbytes(  %  ) Resident(  %  ) Map-name
   913972(87.16)   343424(16.56) kernel

matthew@MX80> show system processes summary
last pid: 34226;  load averages:  0.24,  0.31,  0.23  up 477+00:51:09
18:31:50
142 processes: 4 running, 110 sleeping, 28 waiting

Mem: 1367M Active, 117M Inact, 295M Wired, 68M Cache, 112M Buf, 140M Free
Swap: 2915M Total, 2915M Free

—

Matthew Crocker
President - Crocker Communications, Inc.
Managing Partner - Crocker Telecommunications, LLC
E: matt...@corp.crocker.com
E: matt...@crocker.com