On 29.07.2016 14:43, Jim Troutman wrote:
"Turbo FIB" is an internal Juniper name for some speed optimizations in a
version of the 15.1F6 code base, that only work on 64-bit REs.    The test
results I saw (a powerpoint presentation) showed a greater than 10% speed
increase from the previous release for installing prefixes into the FIB
from RIB.  I don't know if this is a public release yet, I will ask our SE
team.  I didn't pay close attention because we don't have any 64-bit REs
yet.
The numbers I heard was around 30% increased install speed to the FIB in 16.1 and long-term target about 10-15x increased install speed from 15.x on the MX. Please note that these are numbers some SE casually mentioned (and no details on linecards/REs) so take them with a grain of salt, but with 15x increased FIB install rate you'll be able to load the full table to FIB in less than 10 seconds. I got no idea if these numbers only applies for installing new entries to the FIB or also for updating/deleting entries as well.

--
Harald