Hi there,

I was trying to configure routing instances on the EX2300, like I did on the
EX4300, but it seems it´s not possible.

I compare the EX4300 and the EX2300; as far as the licenses are concerned, the
output of the command "show system license" is almost the same. I say almost,
because in the column "Licenses used" I see ospf2 and virtual router for the
Ex4300, as shown below,

show system license
License usage:
                                             Licenses     Licenses    Licenses
  Expiry
  Feature name                       used    installed      needed
  ospf3                                                0            1
0    permanent
  ripng                                               0            1
0    permanent
  ospf2                                               1            1
0    permanent
  bfd-liveness-detection                0            1           0    permanent
  unicast-rpf                                    0            1           0
permanent
  virtual-router                                1            1           0
permanent
  igmp                                                0            1
0    permanent
  pim-mode                                        0            1           0
permanent
  pim-ssm                                          0            1           0
 permanent
  connectivity-fault-management         0            1           0    permanent
  vrrp                                                  0            1
 0    permanent
  dot1q-tunneling                           0            1           0
permanent
  svlan                                                0            1
0    permanent
  services-rpm                                    0            1           0
permanent
  juniper-msdp                                   0            1           0
permanent
  multicast-listener-discovery          0            1           0    permanent
  gr-ifd                                                 0            1
  0    permanent

Licenses installed:
  License identifier: JUNOS835695
  License version: 4
  Valid for device: TW3716360248
  Features:
    extended-feature-list - Licensed extended feature list
      permanent

but I don´t get that on the EX2300, where I get all zeros, even though the
configuration is the same (2 routing instances with ospf, other than the main).

However, when I go into configuration mode on the EX4300, I get this

# set routing-?
Possible completions:
> routing-instances    Routing instance configuration
> routing-options      Protocol-independent routing option configuration
{master:0}[edit]

The configuration includes:

set routing-instances Didattica instance-type virtual-router
set routing-instances Didattica interface irb.204
set routing-instances Didattica interface irb.101
set routing-instances Didattica routing-options router-id 10.245.2.190
set routing-instances Didattica protocols ospf spf-options delay 800
set routing-instances Didattica protocols ospf spf-options holddown 4000
set routing-instances Didattica protocols ospf export Export-Statics
set routing-instances Didattica protocols ospf area 0.0.0.0 interface irb.204
interface-type p2p

and it works OK.
But when I do the same on the EX2300, I get this:
w# set routing-?
Possible completions:
> routing-options      Protocol-independent routing option configuration
{master:0}[edit]

As you can see, only 1 completion is possible. It accepts the same snippet
above, without giving any error, but it does not work.

Can you confirm that ? or else, how can I get 2 routing instances to work on
the EX2300, together with the main instance ?

Thanks

Cheers

Lucio