Hi all,

I am trying to configure an input filter on a LACP bundle interface but it does not behave as expected.

Take the following examples:

firewall {
    family ethernet-switching {
        filter acl1 {
            term a {
                from {
                    ip-protocol icmp;
                }
                then accept;
            }
            term b {
                from {
                    ip-source-address {
                        1.2.3.4/32;
                    }
                }
                then accept;
            }
            term c {
                from {
                    ip-protocol [ tcp udp ];
                }
                then discard;
            }
        }
        filter acl2 {
            term a {
                from {
                    ip-source-address {
                        1.2.3.4/32;
                    }
                }
                then discard;
            }
            term b {
                then accept;
            }
        }
    }
}

When I apply acl1, it seems to kill all traffic on the interface and does not allow anything through.

When I apply acl2, it does do what you would expect.

The switch is acting simply as a layer 2 device and the input filter is being applied on the LAG bundle connected to the upstream.

Also, if I don't specify [tcp udp] on acl1 it actually kills the LAG towards the upstream completely, weird!

Can anyone please shed any light on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Panny Malialis