if you are running a routing protocol over the particular VLAN on the MC-LAG
peers (which is a supported config in Junos MC-LAG implementation) make sure
you are running VRRP between the MC-LAG peers, even though it seems
unnecessary.  VRRP seems required for any ARP sync to occur for a given IRB
interface.  Without it one side can learn the ARP entry but not the other.
Clearing arp cache seems to fix it temporarily but then it pops up again after
ARP ages out.

We ran into this issue in a similar scenario with MC-LAG L2-only switches where
you could only ping the default gateway from one node unless you issued a clear
arp, and then it would work until ARP timer ran out again.  Once we configured
VRRP that issue was resolved.

Thanks,

Will