> Chen Jiang
> Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 3:51 AM
>
> Hi! Experts
>
> Sorry for disturbing, I have noticed JUNOS will re-establish BGP neighbour
> relationship when configuring "advertise-inactive" under a neighbour. But
> from the packets captured from neighbour peer there is nothing changed
> when negotiated BGP relationship.
>
> I doubt is this a must behaviour when configuring "advertise-inactive" in
> BGP?

Because Junos BGP implementation is coming from "hey my home server can now
talk bgp" so some of the things that would be deemed unthinkable in a
routing system BGP implementation are normal in Junos, and what's worst
users don't seem to mind.

Haven't you seen any new capability being advertised? That would be the only
sensible reason why to drop a session because of this. Though the only thing
I found was  draft-fletcher-bgp-inactive-path-00.txt

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::