On 5/22/2018 12:58 AM, Phil Shafer wrote:
Brian Rak writes:
The downside seems to be that these can blow up the router somehow...
Not blow up, but obfuscate.  Imagine a user (or support person) who
is unaware that ephemeral databases are in use and resorts to pulling
out hair, muttering profanity, and sticking pins in their "Mr. Phil
Voodoo Doll" (tm) [batteries sold separately] when their "show
configuration" output doesn't correlate to their true operational
state.   The warning is more about "yes, I'm aware" than about
voiding warranties, explosions, or sharks with lasers.

Thanks,
  Phil
Ah, I can imagine a number of situations where using an ephemeral configuration can cause all sorts of confusion.  At least for us, the efficiency advantages definitely outweigh the additional complexity here.

Thanks!