Hi,

times will depend on the type of failure.
If the upstream router fails but your link does not go down (for example
if there is a switch between the routers), you will have a BGP session
timeout after 3 minutes (with default config) and then the router starts
to change the routes, which can take even longer on such slow hardware.

Could be that this helps at least in case the ports goes down:
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/bgp-configuring-bgp-pic-for-inet.html

Could also kill the box because of increased memory usage.
But don't you have memory issues anyway if you run full tables on an MX5?

He did some benchmarking with MX104:
http://seclists.org/nanog/2018/May/470
Maybe just add a bit because MX104 is a bit less slow than MX80 boxes.

kind regards
Rolf