Hello,

Cluebats appreciated, I can contact JTAC on this but am trying to avoid the
timesink of opening a case.

Topic is filter based port mirroring for family inet with the wrinkle being
that I'm trying to mirror traffic from inside "instance-type vrf".   I've done
this countless times before successfully [including today as a sanity check]
with source being in global table.

So far I've tried putting the output interface both inside the same VRF and in
global; no traffic seems to mirror.  What is the correct stance?  Yes, I've
tried to prime the macaddr pump with ICMP from the mx10003 doing the mirroring.

I am aware of mirroring "family any" but am unsure if that applies here, as the
source interface I am trying to mirror is edge of VRF and doesn't have family
mpls on the logical interface of interest.

I'm confident the traffic I want to mirror is hitting my filter term based on
incrementing counters.

Lightly sanitized config below.

# I confirmed this is attached to the interface of question and counters are
incrementing.
            term mirror-2 {
                then {
                    count :mirror:all;
                    port-mirror-instance uw;
                    next term;
                }
            }

show forwarding-options
port-mirroring {
    instance {
        uw {
            input {
                rate 1;
            }
            family inet {
                output {
                    interface xe-0/0/4:2.3124 {
                        next-hop 10.235.43.1;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

}

show chassis
fpc 0 {
    port-mirror-instance uw;
    sampling-instance ins1;
}

show interfaces xe-0/0/4:2 | no-more
enable;
vlan-tagging;
mtu 9192;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
unit 3124 {
    description "mirror test";
    vlan-id 3124;
    family inet {
        address 10.235.43.0/31;
    }
}

and then I've put xe-0/0/4:2.3124 inside and outside the relevant
routing-instance as tests.

-Michael