Saku, Mark-

Thanks for the responses.  Unless I'm mistaken, short of specifying a selective
import policy, I think I'm already doing what Saku suggests, see relevant
config snippet below.  Our clean VRF is L3VPN-4205.  But after I saw the lack
of mac based next hops I started searching to see if there was a protocol other
than direct that I wasn't aware of.  I intend to take a look at Alexandre's
workaround to understand/test, just haven't gotten there yet.

I was able to get FBF via dirtyVRF working quickly in the meantime while I
figure out how to salvage the longest-prefix approach.

-Michael

==/==

@ # show routing-options | display inheritance no-comments
interface-routes {
    rib-group {
        inet rib-interface-routes-v4;
        inet6 rib-interface-routes-v6;
    }
}
rib-groups {
    rib-interface-routes-v4 {
        import-rib [ inet.0 L3VPN-4205.inet.0 ];
    }
    rib-interface-routes-v6 {
        import-rib [ inet6.0 L3VPN-4205.inet6.0 ];
    }
}