On 4/29/24 09:13, Saku Ytti wrote:

100%, what Mark implied was not what I was trying to communicate.
Sure, go ahead and damp flapping interfaces, but to penalise on first
down event, when most of them are just that, one event, to me, is just
bad policy made by people who don't feel the cost.

Yes, agree with this. Didn't mean to cause a mix-up.

As before, my perspective is from circuits where it can be continuous events in, let's say, a 12-hour period every few moments. Yes, this is not the norm in most mature markets, but we have had to deal with this sort of thing several times a year, down here, and it can get complex especially if the route you are dealing with has no suitable alternative options other than going round the continent and back.

Mark.