This depends greatly on how you've set up your support.

If you have Cisco HTTS or Juniper ACP or the like, where you get named
engineers, then you can develop a mutual trust and give those
engineers access to your network.

But if you're going through a normal process, perhaps additional care
is warranted.

--
  ++ytti