Hello all,

I've noticed that my Jupyter workflow often includes cells which I use
simply to inspect a variable or graph to see if it looks correct. These
cells are single-use, and I never return to them to check their values.
When reopening a notebook, I don't care about these cells at all.

I thought that a good way to accelerate my workflow might be to have a
floating cell which is always available in the top left (just under the
toolbar and menus). I can then use this cell to do quick checks, wherever I
am in the notebook.

I'd like to make a Jupyter extension to do this, as several of my
colleagues are also interested. It's my first time in the Jupyter source
code, so I wondered if anyone might be able to spend a couple of minutes
giving me a quick overview of how this might be done? I will then share my
extension with the community.

Thanks in advance,

Fintan