Hi, I recently upgraded to Jupyter Lab 3.1.4, which is overall a huge
improvement.  However in python kernels, the "input()" built-in now appears
to throw up a rather obtrusive "Your input is requested" modal dialog
widget (definition of the behavior appears to be in
/staging/node_modules/@jupyterlab/outputarea/lib/widget.js:onInputRequest).

While I appreciate the motivation for the widget, it becomes annoying
rather quickly when "input()" is called a number of times in close
succession, much in the same way that Javascript "alert"s easily become
flashy and distracting when overused.  Is there any way to suppress the
modal dialog behavior triggered by "input()" via a JSON-based or other
setting/configuration?

Thanks, Ben