> Date: Sunday, February 14, 2016 11:32:58 -0800
> From: mikeontheri...@gmail.com
>
> Hello all,
>
> My work email just transitioned over to Rackpace. On the old
> provider,  emails sent to me would show up in K9 immediately
> because of IMAP Push.  Now, my emails don't show up until K9 polls
> the account.
>
> I did not set this up as a new account in K9 - I just changed the
> server  address, set security to SSL/TLS, made sure the port was
> 993, and left Auto  Detect IMAP Namespace on. K9 is able to
> successfully poll the account and I  get my emails. I just don't
> get them immediately as a push.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? What should I do instead?
> --
> Michael

I use Rackspace's email service and thought that mobile sync worked,
but in testing after seeing your message it didn't. A little
research turned up that it's an added-fee service:

    Rackspace Webmail users enjoy real-time sync of email,
    calendars, and contacts on their iPhoneᆴ, iPadᆴ, Android
  ᆴ or Windowsᆴ device. Built on Microsoft's ActiveSync
    protocol, our mobile sync service uses push technology
    to sync the following data instantly:

      Mail and folders
      Contacts
      Calendar

      Monthly Fee: $1.00/user

<https://www.rackspace.com/en-us/email-hosting/webmail/access/mobile-phone>

I just normally have the polling set to 1min intervals in K-9 when I
want it to check frequently.

---