Hi,

I configured my emailaccount (at my provider Scarlet) to use IMAP. My
corresponding configuration of Mozilla Thunderbird (PC) works as it should
(I tried it on several PCs and IMAP folders are synchronized, I can send
and receive emails).

These are the required settings, from the provider, which seem just normal
(provider's
info in Dutch
<https://www.scarlet.be/help/faq/591/59/Welke-standaardinstellingen-gebruikt-Scarlet-voor-e-mail>

/ provider's info in French
<https://www.scarlet.be/help/faq/591/60/Quels-sont-les-parametres-standard-utilises-par-Scarlet-pour-l-39-e-mail>
):

*Incoming e-mail (IMAP) : imap.scarlet.be     Port : 993 (SSL enabled)*

*Outgoing e-mail (SMTP) : smtp.scarlet.be     Port: 465 (SSL and “server
requires authentication” enabled)*

These are also the settings I use in Thunderbird. However, in K-9 Mail I'm
only succesful at sending email, not receiving. This coincides with the
following error at setup:

*Setup could not finish*
*Cannot connect to server.*
*(Command continuation aborted: #2# [NO, AUTHENTICATE mechanism not
supported, mate])*

I also get this when, afterwards, I try small variations in these settings
(such as disabling 'autodetect IMAP namespace'), in *account settings >
fetching mail > incoming server*.

Does somebody has a clue what may be going on? Should I use debugging to
make a log and post this as an issue on github? I have never used K-9
before, so I may miss something.