Of course it is possible to sync only one single folder!

Von: Greg Troxel <g...@lexort.com>
Gesendet: 1. Januar 2018 16:29:00 MEZ
An: Mathguy <ad...@mathcorp.com>
CC: K-9 Mail <k-9-mail@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: [k-9-mail] getting mail out of Trash back to INBOX

I too have deleted things by mistake. They get moved to Trash, which is
an IMAP folder.

WHen I go into Trash, I see the message, and then I try to Refile to
INBOX, and am told "cannot refile; message not synchronized".

Note that I have sync off for most folders (I have over a hundred, many
for mailing lists that I never want to see on my phone) and turned on
for INBOX and one or two others that do I want to see on my phone.

I then hit the sync button, wait a while, and then I can refile.

I think what's going on is that I have some messages in Trash that I
deleted with K-9, and some that have been previously fetched from the
server, deleted with other clients.   The ones put there by K-9 don't
get propagated to the server.  I don't understand this, bucause I would
think this would be natural with the move from INBOX to Trash.

Also, I don't understand why I can't refile a non-synchronized messages
from a local copy of an IMAP folder to INBOX.  I think it's because
refile is an IMAP MOVE operation that also gets done locally.  But in
that case, I really don't understand why the earlier move wasn't like
that.  My only guess is that a message that has been moved but not yet
synced can't be moved again.

It would be nice to have folders auto-sync things that are locally
written, separately from fetching new messages from the server.  But I
am not sure if that makes sense in IMAP, or is feasible given how the
code is written.