Well, Keepass2 Android password manager allows you to unlock your
already-unlocked password store using the last 4 (which is userr-customizable)
characters of the passphrase. Maybe K9 could handle things similarly?

On January 3, 2018 9:23:17 AM HST, matej.kova...@gmail.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have read opened Github issues about sending encrypted-only e-mails,
>also have read
>https://k9mail.github.io/2017/01/30/OpenPGP-Considerations-Part-II.html,
>
>and I perfectly understand the developer's reasoning when they decided
>not allow sending encrypted-only e-mails.
>
>But on the other side, it is very annoying for users to enter
>passphrase,
>which is in practice leading to that, that users:
>- do not encrypt e-mails at all;
>- use short (weak) passphrases;
>- set passphrase to empty.
>
>In each case the result is quite opposite of what developers wanted -
>now
>we have even less secure users. OK, there is another option - users on
>mobile phones are just moving towards Signal app use (which is not bad
>at
>all).
>
>So my question is - is it possible to design ux in such a way, that
>unlocking key won't be annoying (or be at least less annoying), while
>e-mails sent will be encrypted and signed? I have read there has been
>thinking about unlock pattern, maybe there is some other option, but
>entering long passphrases is really not an option.
>
>Regards,
>
>M.
>
>--

David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com
wandering the landscape of god
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.